Sunday, February 19, 2006

A little research

This week I've been doing a bit of family history research. A contact, who may be a distant cousin, asked me to look up some details on the 1881 census and the IGI, and I compiled the information and sent the package off to him earlier in the week.
Then yesterday I had an e-mail from a contact in Australia, who is a distant cousin, checking some details in his research. After I'd sent off the stuff he'd asked for, I went online and did a bit of hunting on 1837online.co.uk. I won't be sure till I get the certificate I ordered, but I may have found the elusive marriage of Uncle Arthur! The ONS invoice says the certificate should be sent out on 2 March, so I shall have to be patient. Online orders for certificates used to take only a week - I suppose there has been another surge in interest in family history after the recent TV series.

Last night while I was watching TV, I spun a couple more skeins of Manx Loghtan fibre for DH's jumper - this evening I shall get on with the knitting.

1 comment:

Spike said...

Good luck with Uncle Arthur's certificate.