Tuesday, February 26, 2008

26 February: Funny how time slips away

Nearly a week since the last offering! Not that very much has been going on here; a bit of spinning and knitting of course, a little gardening, some light shopping. Hey, I'm retired, remember!

The latest knitting project to be finished -


Wrist warmers, based on a pattern by Sandi Rosner; all I changed was the stitch, the needle size, gauge, and finish. They might be good for using on the bike, if I ever get out on it again.

Have you ever thought how difficult it is to photograph mitts on your own hands?

Several books have kept me interested recently - Labyrinth and Sepulchre by Kate Mosse, Missing by Susan Lewis, and Company of Liars by Karen Maitland. The current one is Dry Store Room No 1 by Richard Fortey. Perhaps they are the reason I haven't been here much.

2 comments:

tea and cake said...

Hi there, these are lovely!

No, you couldn't have photographed yourself wearing both of them at the same time, of course. Mad me.

Maggie May said...

You do make things quickly!
I am surprised you have time to read with all your knitting!
I have also read Labyrinth by Kate Mosse & found it made compulsive reading!