Thursday, July 02, 2009

2 July: Embryo socks

Inspired by the skein of lime green sock yarn bought from Natalie (the Yarn Yard) at Woolfest, I had a dyeing session yesterday - just the day for steaming yarn on the stove for an hour or so!

While that was steaming, I sat in the shade, with the scent of the philadelphus filling the garden -


Today the skeins of yarn are dry, and I'm very pleased with the results -


It's the first time the turquoise dye has been really successful, and it's also the first time I've dunked the yarn into the jug of dye, rather than pouring the dye over the yarn.

Now to see how it looks wound into balls, then how it looks knitted up. There may be a delay with this, as there are several projects I want to start on, and the last 2 aren't yet finished, so don't hold your breath!

No comments: