Monday, January 22, 2007

22 January: Gateways

Nothing happening here currently of any photographic worth, so I riffled through the old albums, and found some snaps with a common theme.

This one below is at Wallington House in Northumberland -

And this one is at Bateman's in Sussex -

And Ludlow Castle -


Suppose they are a bit of a cliche, but I still like the framing and the idea of something beyond, perhaps a bit mysterious.

Yesterday the wind was so bitter that my thoughts turned to balaclavas. Wait for it!

4 comments:

Christina S said...

I love pictures of doors and gates for that very reason. Slightly open doors always make me desperate to peek and see what's on the other side. I also love views through windows - not quite sure why!

Rog said...

The Wallington House shot looks lovely (particularly at this time of year).
We went to Ludlow last Autumn and it is a great place to be.

stitchwort said...

Yes, ruby.
Winter walks past houses with the lights on, and the curtains open - that glimpse of "other lives".

murph - you commented while I was replying to ruby - synchronised comments again!
While I quite liked Ludlow to visit, it was much too middle class to live in.

Doris said...

Lovely pics, making me long for sunshine. Especially as it's so cold today.