Friday, February 16, 2007

16 February: The plot thickens

At the Spinners, Dyers and Weavers Guild meeting yesterday, I mentioned the newly dug bed in the garden to another spinner/dyer/weaver, and was reminded that potatoes are good for breaking up soil in a new plot. Good idea. That would deal with "what shall we plant till we can get apple trees?" and give me a good excuse for not digging it over again for a while.

And in a safe place was still a garden centre voucher given to me when I retired.

So today, after waiting in for a delivery (again garden-related), I set off in my little car - mine again - for the garden centre.

And I came home with bags of goodies, including seed potatoes, a new trowel, and some packets of seeds.

The crocuses are just about at the same stage as they were this time last year; last year, though, I photographed flowers on them on 18 February. They've got 2 days.

P.S. The house next door sprouted a "For Sale" sign last week; yesterday it turned into "Sold". DH's comment - *Far Canal*. Murph, your fame spreads.

2 comments:

KAZ said...

I'll have mine with coleslaw and black pepper please.
Delicious.

Rog said...

Far Canal!