Sunday, September 02, 2007

2 September: Work in progress

I was a bit shocked to see Jane's photo of her progress on the top-down hoodie. I hadn't realised the true colour of her wool! So mine is much more of a copy-cat than I ever intended; please take it as a case of "imitation is the sincerest from of flattery".

Here it is so far, firstly indoors -

And out on the bench -

The wool is 2 strands together, so I have been able to blur the joins of the different balls a bit by alternating the threads; the pinker stuff is towards the top, and the darker towards the hem. The sleeves may get browner towards the cuffs. And it's not going to have a hood, probably just a bit of garter stitch round the neck.

Even though I swatched, the size is not quite as expected - it has worked up smaller. Perhaps it will "relax" (i.e. stretch a bit) when blocked. Perhaps I should swatch more carefully.

2 comments:

Probably Jane said...

Oh, it's beautiful, and hand spun too - something I can only aspire to as yet. At this rate you will have finished before me too. I have made about four of these little blighters and have found that they all relax with wear!

Have you chosen your button yet?

stitchwort said...

Thank you jane.

I'm hurtling down the second sleeve now (Tuesday evening), but I'd forgotten all about the button!
Good excuse to empty the button box out on the floor.